1 packet of Pillsbury vanilla cake mix
150 ml milk (2/3 cup)
150 gr. Canola oil (3/4 cup)
3 large eggs
1 container of date spread (200 gr.)
1 egg white
100 gr. Canola oil (1/2 cup)
2 flat baking trays lined with baking paper
- Heat the oven to 170 degrees.
- Place in an electric mixing bowl: milk, oil and eggs and mix at low speed.
- Gradually add the bag of Pillsbury's cake mix to the mixer until all the powder is absorbed by the liquids. Switch to medium speed and mix for another five minutes.
- Line a flat baking tray with baking paper and use a spatula to spread half the batter to the tray to obtain a thin layer of batter.
- Repeat this step with the second baking tray and put both into the oven for 20 minutes.
- Afterwards remove from the oven and place in a well-ventilated place for one hour.
- Place the baked dough on a working surface. Take care to evenly spread half the quantity of date spread using a spatula, so that the entire surface of the dough is covered with date spread.
- Roll with your hands into a roulade. Place the roulade on a large plate and repeat the step with the second piece of dough.
- Refrigerate both roulades and in the meantime prepare the white icing.
- Mix the egg white with confectioner's sugar to obtain a thick consistency for painting. If the consistency is too runny, add another tablespoon of confectioner's sugar.
- Remove the roulades from the fridge and slice each roulade into six equal slices.
- Put the icing into a nylon bag and cut the bottom corner of the bag with scissors to make a small hole for drizzling the icing onto the roulades.
- Drizzle the icing onto the roulade in the form of strips or in any other form you wish, sprinkle candy sprinkles for decoration and a bit of colored sugar and serve.