Ingredients for six servings:
1 packet of Pillsbury vanilla cake mix
2/3 cup (250 ml) milk
¾ cup (150 gr.) Canola oil
3 no. 6 eggs
1 peeled and quartered Granny Smith apple
½ cup (100 gr.) sugar
60 gr. butter
To put together the serving:
- Heat the oven to 170 degrees.
- Put in an electric mixing bowl: milk, oil and eggs and mix at low speed.
- Gradually add the packet of Pillsbury's cake mix to the mixer until all the powder is absorbed by the liquids. Switch to medium speed and mix for about another 5 minutes. Put the batter in the fridge for later use.
- Put butter and sugar in a large pan and cook together over a medium flame to obtain a dark caramel.
- Add the apples to the pan and lower to a low flame.
- Cook for about 20 minutes, gently stirring from time to time. Set aside the cooked apples for several minutes until slightly cooled.
Take six ovenproof serving bowls and place at the bottom of each bowl one tablespoon of the batter, layer on top two quartered apples and top off with another tablespoon of batter.
At the end, place two more quartered apples on top. Repeat this step with the rest of the serving bowls and place all bowls in oven for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and serve immediately.