It is important to refrigerate the dough for at least two hours before use.
Makes for about 40 hamantaschen.
For the dough:
2½ cups flour
2 tablespoons sugar
2 egg yolks
3 tablespoons sour cream
2 tablespoons lemon juice
Pinch of salt
200 gr. cold butter
1 container of date filling
1 cup coarsely chopped candied pecans
1 cup chopped walnuts
¼ teaspoon cinnamon
For brushing on the Hamantaschen:
1 whisked egg with 1 tablespoon water
1/2 cup confectioner's sugar
- Place all the ingredients for the dough in a mixing bowl and mix until dough is uniform. Mix for a very short time, do not overmix. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for two hours.
- Blend all the filling ingredients and put aside.
- On a floured surface roll out the dough into a thin dough. Cut the dough into circles using a cup, place a spoonful of filling in the middle of each circle, fold the sides to form a triangle and press the ends together well.
- Heat the oven to 180 degrees and line the tray with baking paper.
- Arrange the Hamantaschen in the tray, brush gently with the whisked egg and bake for about 20 minutes until golden. Cool and sprinkle with confectioner's sugar.