1 packet of Pillsbury vanilla cake mix
150 ml milk (2/3 cup)
150 gr. Canola oil (3/4 cup)
3 large eggs
150 gr. ground poppy seeds
1 container of date spread (200 gr.)
1 tablespoon Canola oil to oil the pan
1 round 26cm springform cake pan
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees.
- Put in an electric mixing bowl: milk, oil and eggs and mix at low speed. Gradually add the packet of Pillsbury's cake mix to the mixer until all the powder is absorbed by the liquids.
- Switch to medium speed and mix for about another 5 minutes.
- Remove the bowl from the mixer and add the poppy seeds using a wooden spoon or spatula, mix the poppy seeds into the batter until all ingredients are well-absorbed.
- Oil the pan, pour the batter into the pan and put in oven for 35 minutes.
- After baking, set the pan in a well-ventilated spot for two hours.
- After the cake is thoroughly cooled, remove it from the pan and using a sharp knife cut a triangle with two sides of equal length of 15 cm each. Small individual triangles can be prepared from the remains and spread with date spread.
- Fold back the two halves into the previous form of an equal-side triangle and spread above the top part a small triangle of date spread and around it on the exposed area high-quality chocolate spread.
May be served immediately or in a few hours.
Using a serrated knife, cut the triangle crosswise into two halves.